Memory care communities are a specific type of long-term care designed to meet the needs of individuals that have Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or other types of memory problems. The main difference between memory care and other communities is secured access. Here are the typical amenities found in memory care:
- 24-hour supervised care
- Medical monitoring & medication management
- An environment that is easy for residents to navigate
- Skilled staff trained to assist those with dementia or impaired cognitive abilities
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming
- Activities geared toward their cognitive abilities
- Three meals a day and frequent snacks
- Secured environment
Let's discuss your options together.
What kind of senior living is right for you? Different options provide different levels of service, care & independence.
Dustin and Assisted Living Locators has helped many of our clients find a new place to call home when they can no longer safely stay in their current living situation. They make it very simple and easy as they are experts on the many senior living options available. Rather than trying to take this monumental task on your own they make life easier for you and your loved one.